Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Searching and Discovering!

I have been placed in charge of social activities for my nursing class. I actually greatly enjoy this honor. I have been finding all my great articles to post on our class site in regards to healthy habits and stress. I decided to do more research for something fun and educational. I stumbled upon two links relating to workouts.


I enjoy this one on Yoga Ab workouts: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/yoga/yoga-pilates-fusion-ab-moves?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Blog-_-LivingWell-_-Make%20Stress%20Work%20For%20You-_-The%20Combo%20Flatter%20Yoga%20And%20Pilates%20RL

My favorite one that I want to include in my core workout is Number 2:

2. Double leg stretch- Strengthens and tones the abs
a) Lie on the floor, bend and hold onto your knees, and curl your shoulders up off the floor.

b) Keeping your hips down and your lower back pressed into your mat, extend your legs up and out at a 45 degree angle to the floor as you reach your arms straight up (biceps near ears) forming a wide "U" shape with your body.

c) Hold this position, pressing your ribs down toward the floor.

d) Use your abs to bring your legs and arms back to starting position with your knees bent. Repeat 5 to 10 times.


Number 3 is fun as well:

3. Side twists- Works all ab muscles, in particular the obliques
a) Lie on your back with arms extended out at your sides, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor. Lift your bent legs to form a right angle with your torso.

b) Keeping both legs together and both your shoulders pressing into the floor, twist and drop your legs to the left until they're halfway or nearly touching the floor.

c) Bring your knees back to center and twist and drop them to the right side without bringing them to the floor. Return to center. Repeat 3 to 5 times per side.

Try them out!


Circuit Train With Your Body Weight
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/circuit-train-with-your-body-weight-520256/;_ylt=AhE.HkRJa_Pq704D0FsPkl9qbqU5

Looks super intense! BUT I do recollect that circuit training in high school made me lose a lot of weight and toned me up.

Run, pull ups, stair jumps, squat or lunge, push-ups, crunches. Savage.

All I need is someone to do it with me.

PS. Planning to train with some of my buddies in my program to do a Cause Marathon (hoping Breast Cancer because I always do those ones) in honor of our school and program.

~*MaSy*~

No comments:

Post a Comment